- Modern Maple
- Abundantly Wild: Collecting and Cooking Wild Edibles in the Upper Midwest (currently out of print and being sold on Amazon for around $100... yikes!)
- The Back-Country Kitchen: Camp Cooking for Canoeists, Hikers and Anglers
- Wild Berries & Fruits Field Guide: Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan; also available for Illinois, Iowa and Missouri; Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio; and the Rocky Mountain States
- Cooking with Wild Berries and Fruits of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan; also available for Illinois, Iowa and Missouri; Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio; and the Rocky Mountain States
- The Seasonal Cabin Cookbook
- Slow Cookers Go Wild! (Kindle edition only)
- Backyard Grilling (with Jim and Ann Casada, Kate Fiduccia)
- Dressing & Cooking Wild Game
Most of the links above are for listings at Amazon.com, which does carry all of my books. But it would be great if you got the book from a locally owned bookstore or other local shop! If they don't carry the book, they can get it for you; all they need is the title.
I recently finished the work on Mushrooms of the Upper Midwest (with co-author Kathy Yerich); this is a photographic field ID guide for wild mushrooms of all types (not just edible), which will be published in Spring 2014 by Adventure Publications. I also am finishing proof review of The Beginner's Guide to Making and Using Dried Foods, to be published by Storey Publications in early 2014. Stay tuned!
The photos below show some recipes from Modern Maple; these were demonstrated at a cooking class I taught at Byerly's Cooking School in April, 2013. Shown are Crostini with Onion-Walnut Jam, Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb-Maple Sauce and Cheese Grits, and Individual Apple Pastries.